Most households suffer from issues related to urine stains on the mattress. There are various reasons for these incidences. If you keep pets or your babies are being potty-trained, the likelihood of the mattresses becoming stained with urine is high. Urine stains might appear on bedding materials if your child pees during nighttime. You may potty-train them, but even then it is possible that they urinate at night. Apart from the mattresses looking distasteful, they tend to stink if they are stained with urine. Also, it is not affordable to buy mattresses every time your child or pet pees on the beddings. In such cases, it is helpful to learn about the ways of urine stain removal.
The following details will help you learn an easy method of urine stain removal for getting rid of pee stains.
You will need:
- A measuring cup
- A spray bottle
- 40–45g of baking soda
- 8 ounces of hydrogen peroxide solution
- 1–2 drops of liquid dishwashing soap
- Your first step in the urine stain removal process is to combine the baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and liquid soap in the spray bottle. Mix the baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. Only after the baking soda dissolves, the liquid soap should be mixed for giving a bubbly texture to the mixture.
- Never store the mix because the mixture may leak out. Also, the blend is most effective, if used right away.
- Shake the bottle contents thoroughly and follow by spraying over the urine-stained portions. Leave the solution to dry for 10 minutes. Alternatively, you can use a fan for drying the solution. You will observe that the stain clears from the mattress.
- If the film of baking soda remains on the bed, then wipe it with a cloth or vacuum the area and see the ring disappear.
The above urine stain removal procedure is quite simple and within a couple of minutes, your mattress becomes stain-free. Also, thanks to basic ingredients, this process is extremely cost-effective as well.