Allergies are the most common ailments in everyday life. Not only kids but also adults are susceptible to these infections. Though there are many OTC medications for allergy treatment, trying out a natural remedy at home may be beneficial. Especially with kids, it is a much safer to try natural or home remedies.
Allergy treatment at home
Going to the doctor need not always be the way to treat allergies. Though you use medicines, you need to check some home remedies with the ingredients from your kitchen. You would be surprised how well these allergy treatments may work for you.
- Steam: This could be effective in clearing out your nasal and throat cavity, resulting in reducing the allergens. Add a few drops of eucalyptus oil to make steam more potent against allergens.
- Turmeric: This has medicinal properties that have a longer positive effect on your health when used constantly. Using turmeric in food would be a good allergy treatment.
- Tea: Have some herb-infused hot tea. This will soothe your nasal throat area, easing any existing congestion. The warmness and the herbs help ease the discomfort caused by allergens. Choose a tea that suits your taste and liking, so you don’t end up grouchy after that.
- Honey: Honey is another ingredient that works great as an allergy treatment. Have a spoon of it periodically in a day for a few weeks. It improves your health over time. Consistency is the key in this case.
- Supplements: Try some natural supplements made of spirulina and goldenseal, which is seen to have allergy treatment properties. But a visit to the doctor would be preferred before starting on any supplements, so that there would not be any other side effects, if certain ingredients don’t suit your body.
Treatment can also be done with a doctor’s prescription allergy medicine, but trying home remedies at first might be a good idea. Natural remedies are safer options with lesser or no side effects. So scout through your shelves and try one of the above treatment for an allergy. It may do a lot more good than just acting as an allergy medication.