Melanoma is a type of skin cancer and it has been estimated that nearly 1% of the total population is affected by this life-threatening disease. If lately you have been diagnosed with melanoma, then follow some of these natural melanoma treatments to alleviate the symptoms of melanoma.
- Yoga: This is one of the best natural melanoma treatments of all time, as yoga along with meditation not only improves an individual’s physical and mental health, but also helps to overcome related symptoms of melanoma like fatigue, depression, and anxiety. Daily exercising also helps in spiritual healing and increases the capability of an individual to fight the disease.
- Turmeric: Turmeric has a component called curcumin, which carries medicinal properties and acts an antioxidant. Increased intake of turmeric will protect skin from further damage and reduce melanoma and proapoptotic effects in melanoma cells. Try to consume it directly rather than adding it to curries or soups or other food items, which form part of your meal.
- Green tea: It is considered to be one of the easiest melanoma treatments. Green tea contains polyphenols and epigallocatechin, which not only provides antioxidant properties to your entire body but also destroys some of the cancer cells. Green tea should be consumed 3-4 times on a daily basis.
- Eggplant: Eggplant is has been known to reduce the effects of melanoma. Though people prefer to have it after cooking it properly, studies show raw consumption to be much more effective. Eggplants contain curadermBEC5, which helps to reduce the effects of melanoma. Components like solasodine glycosides and active phytochemicals extracted from eggplant have been known to work against the cancer cells.
- Garlic: It is an antibiotic that helps to keep the immune system strong and contains anti-cancer properties. If included as a daily dietary supplement, it reduces the effects of melanoma to a considerable amount.